Sometimes Finding the right used part for your car can be hard due to so many different models, trims, and changes that the vehicles manufactures do, that’s why we create this tips of most have to look for a used part online or in person.
So what can you do to get the right part?
We prepared a list of things you should have present when you’re going to buy an used part for your vehicle:
- Most important: VIN (VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER)
With your Vehicle Identification Number or (VIN), you can get most if not all the information you need in order to get the right part for your car model, trim and year. The VIN Number is easily found in your Registration documentation, vehicle title. If you don’t count with that documentation at the moment you can search for it at different locations of the vehicle:
- The driver’s side in the door jamb
- The driver’s side dashboard by looking thru the windshield
- Metal within the engine compartment
- Parts of the car that can’t be removed (chassis for example)
Others information you may need…
In some occasions, for specifics parts, the representative will ask you for specific information that the VIN number don’t show up. This could be:
- Manufacturing date: Also known as Production Date, is located at the labels in the driver side door pillar, driver side door, glove compartment, etc. Those are the most common locations but this label location depends in the Vehicle Brand.
- Vehicle Emission: Canada Emission, California Emission, Federal Emission. The auto part representative could ask you for this information in order to get the right part for you. For vehicle emission location please check at the labels located under the hood.
- Part number or Part ID: This part numbers or IDs usually are labeled as well in the part you need, take pictures if you can’t locate this numbers take a picture of any label, letter or number that you see and bring it with you.
All this information will let you to find the right part for your car, keep it present when the time comes.
Also remember we’re here to help! feel free to use our online tool to find your part, you can also contact us using our contact form or call in business hours mon-fri 8:30am-5:30pm and sat 9:00am-4:00pm 215-426-1179.