Sometimes Finding the right used auto part for your vehicle can be hard due to so many different models, trims, upgrades, technologies, and changes that the vehicle manufacturers do. That’s why we create these tips for most who have to look for a used part online or in person.
So what can you do to get the right part?
We prepared a list of things you should have present when you’re going to buy a used part for your vehicle:
- Most important: VIN (VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER)
With your Vehicle Identification Number or (VIN), you can get most of the information you need in order to get the right part for your car model, trim, and year. The VIN Number is easily found in your Registration documentation and vehicle title. If you don’t count on that documentation at the moment you can search for it at different locations of the vehicle:
- The driver’s side in the door jamb
- The driver’s side dashboard by looking thru the windshield
- Metal within the engine compartment
- Parts of the car that can’t be removed (chassis for example)
Others information you may need
On some occasions, for specific parts, the representative will ask you for specific information that the VIN number doesn’t show up. This could be:
- Manufacturing date: Also known as the Production Date, is located on the labels in the driver-side door pillar, driver-side door, glove compartment, etc. Those are the most common locations but this label location depends on the Vehicle Brand.
- Vehicle Emission: Canada Emission, California Emission, Federal Emission. The auto part representative could ask you for this information in order to get the right part for you. For vehicle emission location please check the labels located under the hood.
- Part number or Part ID: These part numbers or IDs usually are labeled as well in the part you need, take pictures if you can’t locate these numbers take a picture of any label, letter, or number that you see and bring it with you.
All this information will let you find the right part for your car, and keep it present when the time comes.
Talk to a specialist at G&G Auto Salvage
Also, remember we’re here to help! feel free to use our online tool to find your part, you can also contact us using our contact form or call during business hours Mon-Fri 8:30am-5:30pm and sat 9:00am-4:00pm 215-426-1179.